- Employer Type – Direct Hire
- Industry – Education / Teaching
- Salary – 240,000yen ~ 270,000yen JPY / Month Negotiable
- English Level – Fluent
- Japanese Level – Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants? – Overseas applicants allowed
- Visa Sponsorship -Yes
※ Japan residents only due to the order enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
Nico Kids English is a quickly growing and expanding English school with about 300 students in two locations in Tokushima prefecture on the island of Shikoku in Japan.
We specialize in fun and exciting, student-centered English lessons for students ranging in ages from 3 years old to 12 years old students.
Our curriculum has proven to be very effective and shows very fast results for most students.
A handful of lessons for jr. high school, high school, and adults students are also available in the evenings.
We are more than just an English school.
We are a close community helping our students achieve 3 key goals to have a successful, happy and meaningful future, which can help them find something they would love and enjoy in their later years.
- Communication – being able to express their emotions and opinions, via English as a tool, can promote their connection with other people and cultures.
- Challenge- by creating a safe environment, students can make take advantage of their mistakes to help them propel themselves to achieve more
- Independence- as a school, we try to give each student some creative space so that they can use their imaginations not only to remember English but to build on their own personalities.
Future Goals/On-Going Projects
- Creating our own coursebook and selling it worldwide.
- Developing an App for teaching in class and studying English for kids at home.
- Providing an iPad for each student in class so that students can learn an important skill in this technological era.
Let us introduce you to our fun, friendly, positive, creative, motivated … (I probably should stop, hahaha) team members!
Junpei – Owner
The founder of Nico Kids English.
He has a great passion for music and played in a death metal band. Deciding to change career path, after traveling to the US, and created his own school at the age of 24.
An enthusiastic marketing consultant, researching, and traveling to other schools.
You can find his informative Youtube channel below
Suzanne – Manager /Teacher
A Canadian teacher who enjoys Japanese Calligraphy and a walking Kanji dictionary.
May – Teacher
A Japanese English teacher who used to work as a TV announcer has a silver tongue and adored by our students. She would also beat you in an eating competition hands down!
Trang – Teacher/Teacher Trainer
A British teacher who is excited all the time without the need for coffee.
Sakiko – CRM
Our Japanese CRM, who used to live in Canada, will help you connect with the parents and students.
Justin – Teacher
A British teacher, who is a professional pianist with humorous drawings that the kids either love or hate.
Ayano – Social Media Expert/Teacher
A Japanese Social Media Expert and teacher, who has traveled to Australia, loves to sing, play with kids, and dance.
In charge of creating our Social Network.
We Make Your Ideas Come True:
Have you been feeling that English schools in Japan, have not made it easy to give your opinions or to implement them?
We, as a school that is still growing and broadening our horizons, are eager to accept new ways of thinking and ideas and try our best to bring them to reality.
(You would be surprised how quickly your ideas would be implemented!)
Here are things that we’ve started doing from our employee’s ideas,
- Online library reading program
- Point system to get students motivated even more.
- Using a projector in class
- Creating a new curriculum
- Halloween USJ Bus Tour, Summer Camp, Pajama Party, and some other events.
- Homework checking list
There are too many to list, but you can let your skill shine at our school!
We help you gain your skills and the school will help with getting a TESOL certificate or other qualifications to help you exceed in your role.
Full-Time Teaching Position
Teaching mainly students ages 3 to 12 years old student-centered English lessons and few teenagers and adult lessons.
Teacher will be responsible for student management, schedule adjustment, planning events, office support, etc.
Lesson plans are pre-made with monthly training sessions on how to deliver the lesson.
- Work Hours
- About 5 to 6 50-minute lessons a day, five days a week. Work hours sometimes fluctuate due to special circumstances, but typical work hours will be 12:00 ~ 21:00 on weekdays with a 1-hour break and 9:00 ~ 17:00 on Saturday with a 1-hour break. Hours include prep time and training.
- Golden Week 5 Days
- Summer Holiday 10 Days (14 Days of a long holiday including regular Sun&Mon days off)
- New Year’s Holiday 10 Days (14 Days of a long holiday including regular Sun&Mon days off)
*The school is still open during some national holidays.
- Every May (Working after 1 year)
〔There is a case of paying no bonus according to the company’s performance.〕
- Every May (Working after 1 year)
- Special EventsNico Kids English holds several special events during the year such as holiday parties and a two-day summer camp. Some special events are occasionally scheduled on Sunday.
Please take a look at some of our fun and exciting events here↓
The ideal candidate will:
- be outgoing and cheerful.
- be motivated and independent.
- be able to learn new activities quickly.
- be flexible and able to adapt quickly.
- be a team player.
The position is available for immediate start.
When you send us a message or resume,
- Please let us know why you are interested in the position at Nico Kids English.
- What did you think about after taking a look at our website or any videos posted by us?
- Please start your cover letter with your favorite joke.
Visit us online to get an idea of our school environment and culture:
Recruitment Website: www.nicokids.jp/recruit/ (In Japanese)
Main Website: www.nicokids.jp
Online Lesson Website: www.nicokids.jp/online
Youtube: Nico Kids English on youtube